Monday, August 07, 2006

New Bamboo Yarn

I recently got this yarn in order to try the Lotus Blossom tank from Interweave. The bamboo is actually the same shade as the one used in the magazine, but it doesn't look like it. I don't know what I'll do with the other blue cotton yarn. It's from Elann.com, and is more stiff than I thought it would be, but maybe it will last longer. I want to use the bamboo, but it doesn't seem like it will be enough. It's more soft than I thought it would be, but it does split more often. I have so many started projects now, that I really have to finish some of them, before I start a bunch of new ones. So I'll probably end up making the tank just in time for winter! I've barely been knitting lately. None of my projects seem interesting. They are ones I've been working on forever, and they never seem to get done. I think I really need to try more quick projects, like hats, so I feel like I'm actually finishing stuff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm anxious to see how the bamboo yarn knits up. I didn't even know that they were doing yarn from that material now (I had seen bamboo fabric, though).

I need to get back to knitting. I found a cute hat on knitty.com that I would like to try, but I think that it might be a little beyond my skills right now.