Wednesday, January 11, 2006

My Finished Mariah

I finally finished Mariah. It actually only took about five weeks, which is pretty good. I used Patons merino yarn and made the small one. It is a lot softer than Brown Sheep, which is the only other yarn I've knit sweaters with. The cabling turned out good, even though I made a few mistakes. The only thing I see now, is that I should have kept decreasing on the neckline, so it fits a little closer. It was hard to tell how it was going to fit, and I've never really changed the patterns much, to know how things will turn out. But this the first sweater I would wear and not see a lot of problems with, or feel like it fits strangely. I especially liked the cables. I think I'm never going to use Brown Sheep again, and I'm going to put some a lot more details into my sweaters, because it turns out so much better, than plain stockinette stitch.

5 comments:

knottygnome said...

i love the color. it looks really nice on you.

Rain said...

I really like the colour too. It's turned out really well.

Jerry & Maxy said...

It fits you so well...impressive!!! And I too like the color.

Kaitie Tee said...

The cables look beautiful!

goodkarma said...

Yay! I *love* the color you chose for Mariah. Well done!