Friday, May 18, 2007

Mesilla Sans Embroidery


I finished Mesilla, after redoing the neck twice. The first time I didn't pick up enough stitches, so it was way too small. It came out smaller than the sleeves, actually. The second time, I increased stitches in the blue foldover part, so it would lie flat. Otherwise the folded over neck area seemed to curl over and wouldn't stay folded over. I may or may not still put on the embroidery.
I used Mission Falls cotton in Sea for the main color, and Jade, Wintergreen, and Dark Blue for the rest. I really liked using the Mission Falls, since it's really soft. I also got most of the yarn really cheaply on Ebay, otherwise I probably wouldn't have used this brand. The main thing I think I would change is too make it a little longer. Otherwise, it's a really comfortable sweater, and was pretty easy to knit.

3 comments:

Batty said...

Too bad you had to redo the neck, but it looks very pretty now. I like it even without the embroidery!

Rachel said...

Love it! I'm doing it too, but in just one color without the purl rows. I'm almost done with the body! Your colors are fabulous, I would agree, though, that the embroidery as she did it might be too much - maybe just a bit down near the bottom?

Anonymous said...

I think it looks really nice just the way it is!

(I left off the embroidery too)