Thursday, April 13, 2006

Fat Bottomed Bag In All It's Glory

I finally finished this project. It took a while, because the yarn split constantly with the herringbone stitch. The stitch is the only one used throughout, and it really is a lot slower than the regular ones. But I like the finished texture. I might do more to dress up the bag, with ribbon or a crocheted flower. One thing that I would have done differently, is to sew the lining to the bag before I attached the handles. It was really difficult to get the lining centered in the bag. I was just excited about finishing, so I didn't think about that. I like the finished look of crocheted bags a lot better than knitted. They seem a lot more sturdy.

1 comment:

StarKnits said...

i like it it's beautiful! i think crochet produces a thicker fabric.