Friday, August 24, 2007
I finished the Monkey socks, except they aren't technically done. As you can see, one is taller than the other. Also the foot of the shorter one is in a tighter gauge, so I have to redo the other one to match it. I'm not sure if I should redo the top area of the shorter one, or the entire other sock. The taller one feels a little better with the looser gauge, and I don't have to struggle to put it on. The ironic thing was that I used the same size needle, size 2.5 mm, but used different brand needles. On one I used Knit Picks, and one is Addi dpns, and the Addis seem to look a tiny bit bigger. I used Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Somerset, which I definitely liked for this pattern. It's kind of hard to see the pattern in the picture, but it stands out in person.