Thursday, August 30, 2007

Starting Over

I've started Bianca's Jacket from Interweave Fall 2006, using Lion Brand Cotton Ease. The gauge for that is for a heavier yarn, but I'm knitting the medium size and expecting it to be smaller. I'm also using my left hand only, so my gauge is a little bigger. It's really awkward and my right hand keeps trying to take over. It feels like when I first started knitting, but it does seem faster, or it will be once I get used to it. I like not having to move the yarn much when I'm on the purl rows. The purl rows actually seem easier, because I keep grabbing both the front and the back loops when I'm knitting. The yarn and all the loops feel less secure, but I guess that's because I'm not used to it. The main thing I don't like is that my knitting looks so uneven. Some stitches are really stretched out and everything looks kind of crummy. I just want to get better with using my left hand so I can do fair isle more easily.

No comments: