Wednesday, March 08, 2006

A Crocheted bag

I started a project from The Happy Hooker, a crocheted bag that I'm going to add flowers to later. I've never made crochet flowers, so it will be interesting. I might even add buttons, or embroidery, depending on how it looks. I wanted to do the granny squares bag, but all the yarn would make it more expensive. The crocheted bags seem more sturdy. I wanted to knit a bag for a while, but they seem too flimsy, and I don't like most felted bags. I think the texture looks better for bags too. Crochet seems more interesting right now, I guess because I just learned how to do it. A lot of the projects I want to do are crochet.
I'm glad that Knitpicks has added more yarns and more colors, because now I can do some projects that would have required more expensive yarn. I have some patterns for sweaters from Interweave Knits that call for worsted weight cotton, and I had a hard time finding it. But now, I'm going to look at some of those patterns again. Also, now I can do the Short and Sweet Shrug from The Happy Hooker. I don't know when I'll wear it, but I really like the laciness of the pattern.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Great bag, I really like the texture. Flowers will look cool!