Thursday, May 18, 2006

Granny Squares

I've been working on granny squares lately, since they're quick and portable. I found a bunch of different patterns, and I think I'll just connect them together for an afghan. The color choices aren't my preferred colors, but the store didn't really have a good selection. They had three different shades of hot pink, but no blue or green at all. These are actually purple, but they don't look like it. Other than these squares, I haven't done any knitting at all. It's way too hot for it. There are a lot of good summer patterns, but I feel like I'd ruin the fabric if I actually wore them during the summer. On another note, I got some t-shirt iron on transfers, so I'll see how well those work out. I'm planning on putting artwork or designs that I've done onto them. I don't know how well they'll hold up, but even regular t-shirt patterns wear out after a while. I think it's a lot better to wear handmade or personalized clothing, so you don't have to look like everyone else, or buy what the fashion industry wants you to wear.

1 comment:

teedle. said...

i love the simplicity of granny sqaures, yet there are so many variations to be done!
Great blog and i will come often to read more :)