Sunday, April 23, 2006

First Top Down Raglan

I unraveled another sweater, which I had done a while ago. I kept noticing all the problems with it, since it was the first sweater I made. Some parts were done wrong and I ended up not really liking the style. It was green and purple, so I used the green to start this raglan sweater. I used Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride, which I won't be able to wear for a while, since it's too warm now. So far, I like how it's coming together, and there won't be much seaming at the end. It's going by really quickly, and I like being able to try it on as I go.
I was thinking about using the purple yarn for a crocheted sweater, but I might not have enough. I was thinking of a lacy pattern, or something else more challenging than stockinette, so I'll just have to keep looking.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi from Austria! That raglan sweater you've started doing already looks mighty fine, I'm looking forward to seeing photos of it as it progresses! Have fun knitting!

Melissa said...

Looks pretty good already!
Hi and new here via Boogaj's Knitting Blog ring.