Sunday, December 04, 2005

Collages



I've been working on collages lately, with watercolor. They can open up a whole different level with watercolor or acrylic. I try to think about how they would work with the overall painting, so I don't just randomly add extra paper. I try to add the extra paper to create a different mood or add something that I couldn't with normal watercolor. I also did a collage with only magazine paper. It's like fitting together a puzzle, because you use images to work together in different ways. Next, I think I want to use different paper from magazines, except only use the color. The bits of color could form a different picture. That seems to be more difficult.

I also started a new knitting project, Mariah, from Knitty. So far, I like the cables, and it isn't too difficult once I got used to following the pattern. I think this is going to be the most challenging sweater I've done so far. Another thing is that I figured out that my guage has changed since I first started knitting. It's gotten looser, and usually is the same as the recommended one for a pattern. So that shows that I improved.

No comments: