Sunday, December 04, 2005

Novel Finally Done

My NaNoWrimo novel is done, at least the rough draft part of it. It was interesting trying to write something that long, that quickly. I had to write about 80 pages, and the plot got wrapped up too soon, so the last 20 or so pages weren't all that great. I've always assumed that since I read a lot and can analyze a book, that I could also write well. It's harder than I thought because at every point, I have to decide how the characters react to situations, what the environments are and everything. I think everyone should at least try to write a short story, so they can good writers that much more. It's strange that everyone buys music, movies, and books, and just consume them so quickly. Most people, if you haven't done something don't realize how much work the person put into something.

No comments: