Saturday, December 24, 2005

Rauschenberg Collage Art

I saw this article on Rauschenberg, and it was interesting to see where some of the current art ideas came from. I've seen this type of stuff before, where it's a collage with random things added in and the overall painting is like modern art. I don't normally like this type of art, because it seems too random and besides the impact of the colors and textures, I don't see what else there is to it. Here is an example of one that I liked, because it seemed more interesting than some of the other ones. I like the presentation of it too. The rest of the pictures I saw seemed too random, and unfinished. I like artwork that in more in between a detailed realistic painting of a pastoral scene and completely postmodern work, where there is a giant red square or random colors.

1 comment:

the Robot Vegetable said...

Rauschenberg is very interetsing. For years, I would examine his work, and not feel anything, it didn't move me to any sort of appreciation. But then, when his work was not in front of me, I would see all this cool stuff in my memories. I would return to gaze upon the puzzle, and, nothing... Very odd, very inspirational, but only when I was remembering.

Puzzling.