Tuesday, December 13, 2005

See My Vest


I just finished this vest, based on the Knitty pattern. I used Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride, which was okay. I still don't like that yarn much, but I seem to have a lot of it for some reason. It's too hairy or something and it's itchy. I also think it's too thick to work with the patterns I want to make. I think DK weight yarn might be more flattering. Also, the vest could fit a little closer, but other than that it turned out how I wanted it too. It was a lot easier to make than a sweater. I think the sleeves are what cause me so many problems, in how my sweaters fit. If they aren't just right, then they make the sweaters hang wrong. But this pattern was straightforward and it was quick to knit.

1 comment:

Jacqui said...

I like the vest; it looks good on you and it's nice and cheerful. I've been thinking about making that one myself. I hear ya on the DK thing, I think in today's climate controled buildings the worsted just gets too hot.