Saturday, January 28, 2006

Attempting Felting

I started the Letter Have It bag from Stitch and Bitch Nation, and this is the front part. I tried making the intarsia pattern myself, and graphed it on knitting graph paper. It turned out too far up, so I might make this the back and try again. I'm not all that excited about the bag, but I wanted to try intarsia and felting, and this seemed like a good beginning project. I eventually want to make the Floral Felted Bag from Interweave, if I can find the pattern. My intarsia skills have to be improved a lot until I can do that pattern, but I really like it. It looks like a professionally made bag.
I also got the Scarf Style book, so I am excited to try some of the patterns in there. Backyard Leaves, the Dragon Scarf, the Flower intarsia scarf, and maybe the crocheted striped scarf, to start with.

No comments: