Sunday, January 08, 2006

Finally Jumped on Harry Potter Bandwagon

I just finished reading the first Harry Potter book. I didn't want to read it for a long time, just because everyone was reading it, and it was a bestseller and all. But a friend gave me the first one, so I ended up reading it. It was entertaining, so I can see why it's so popular. But I don't think I want to read the next ones. There so many other books, that I'd rather read. One of my resolutions this year is to start reading more. I used to read books all the time, but I realized I barely read anything the last couple of years. After leaving school, I quit reading so much. So I want to try to read more often. I started Crime and Punishment, since I wanted to read a Russian book. I'll see how it goes, because I've started a lot of the classic type books, and not finished them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, except while the first two Harry Potter books are entertaining, the ones after that are really, really good. In my opinion it's worth investing the reading time - they go pretty fast anyway.

Rain said...

Mwahaha! I came in to post the same thing.

They don't get good until the third one and from then on they just get better and better.

I have the audio versions and listen to them while I knit.