Tuesday, January 31, 2006

MaryElla Bracelet

I finished the MaryElla bracelet from Knitty. I used the same yarn and everything from the pattern. The only thing that was difficult about this pattern was that I couldn't find 0000 needles that were longer than 4", so they kept stabbing my palms when I knitted. I might make this again and use bigger needles, or just get rid of the center part where the thread goes, because that was the hardest part of the pattern. I think I would also use only one color of beads.
Now I'm redoing the Under the Hoodie sweater, because some parts didn't turn out right. It was the first sweater I knit, over a year ago, and the pocket part was all twisted and the sleeves were too big and weren't attached right. I didn't like wearing it, because I always noticed those problems. Now that my knitting skills are better, it seemed better to change it, than to let the sweater just sit in a drawer forever. Also, I can't buy any yarn for a while, so I have to fix projects I already have, and use up my random yarn.

1 comment:

knit_chick said...

Addi makes 8" 0000 needles. I have a set and need to finish up my MaryElla. I hope it turns out as nice as yours.