Friday, February 17, 2006

Crochet Beginnings

I ordered the Stitch and Bitch Crochet book, and am excited to see what the patterns are like. I only learned to crochet, so it'll be interesting to see how different the patterns are from knitted ones. Crochet seemed a little easier at least initially, because you don't have to learn to hold the needles comfortably. That was the hardest part for me when I first started knitting. I'm still working on Sesame, and have the sleeves and one front to finish. I used Brown Sheep mill ends for it, and one problem I've noticed is that every so often, the yarn is tied together in a knot. But for $1.25 an ounce, that's fine. I like the yarn a lot, because it's smooth and seems like it'll look professional after it's done. It should be done by the time warmer spring weather comes along. I bought some Noro Kureyon #92, for a crochet project. I think this is one of my favorites, because it has colors that remind me of the ocean, with dark prussian blue and sea green.

No comments: