Thursday, February 09, 2006

Mill Ends are Cheap

I wasn't going to get any new yarn, but I noticed that there were mill ends of Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece at my LYS for $1.25 an ounce. I got enough to make the Sesame sweater, probably with some left over. I like this yarn a lot, since it's DK weight and mostly cotton. The LYS also has Lamb's Pride mill ends, which I don't like that much. I realized that I should probably only knit DK weight and lighter, since it really doesn't get cold enough to need big bulky sweaters. I like the Sesame pattern, because it's lightweight and simple. I tried to think of ways to make add in fair isle or something to change the pattern a little, but I wanted to make a more simple sweater that I can wear a lot. After this, I want to try a lace project, which should be a lot more complicated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sweater seems to come along so great, I love the colors you chose! Looking forward to seeing the FO! Best wishes from Austria!