Monday, February 06, 2006

Fiber Arts Projects

I've been thinking of a project to do next and a few things came to mind. One was a project using felted wool and cutting shapes out for a picture, then embroidering it for the details. It seems interesting because I've never done anything like that, and it involves wool, but in a different way than knitting. I also thought of some quilts that I've seen, where it's more like a picture and the fabric is used to create a landscape, instead of geometric designs. If I had a sewing machine, I might try that. I remember when I took art classes in college, there was a fiber arts section, but I never paid much attention to it. I mainly took drawing and painting classes. I think now after learning how to knit, I wish I would have looked into taking some fiber classes. I think it's interesting to use cloth and fiber to create pictures, because it looks so different from a painting. Anyway, I am still working on the Letter Have It bag, and am thinking of redoing the front panel. I think I want to have a better pattern, and then embroider in some details after it's felted.

No comments: