Thursday, September 29, 2005

Knitting in Autumn



These are my two latest knitting projects. The hat is cabled, even though it's hard to tell because of the striping. I was looking for a pattern that is for a hat knit in the round, but without cables. I wanted to make one with Noro Silk Garden, because I really like that yarn. It's self striping and the yarn is really soft. I guess I could use this pattern and just not do the cables. The other project is going to be a vest, using all my leftover yarn. So far it's working, but I really changed the pattern, so I hope it'll fit. The colors might not work that well, though. Maybe if I made the stripes thinner, it wouldn't look like it's from the seventies. I really want to try a different kind of yarn, but I can't for a while. I can't get any more until I use up what I have, and for some reason, I seem to have a lot of yellow and pink wool yarn. There's not much I can make with those two colors, since they are my least favorite.

No comments: